Resilience

We're about to embark on a new school year completely different than we've had in 3 years. If you don't think the past 2.5 years different change us, then perhaps you got out unscathed.

Pandemic was probably the most fruitful and peaceful time for me. At first it was tricky because it was hard to navigate being isolated but then my husband and I discussed what it could all mean in the long-run. 

We hardly watched any media and removed any stressors in our home life and sight the outdoors with hiking and gardening. We sat out in our yards and greeted our neighbors. We prayed for our church, our neighbors, our area and our families. The thing we realized we could control was only within our own home and our own family.

This might seem crazy but we did not drive ourselves crazy. It was actually a time, for me, to realize how I had been living my life.

I have been a victim for quite some time. I came from a broken and dysfunctional home. I attended a school where I didn't belong it wasn't seen. I based my whole lens on being Hispanic and being alone. This was a beggaring narrative but I realized I had adopted a narrative. I realized that I no longer needed to have this identify me.

My identity was and is in Christ Jesus. I'm good child and He created me with and for a purpose. To do good works. Know that verse?

from Bible gateway.

While I have witnessed God's excellent works since childhood, I didn't realize them until 3 years ago, in depth. In psychology it states that children who lived chaotic and traumatizing childhood ( adverse childhood experiences - ACE) are mostly likely to remember more of their negative and traumatic experiences than anything positive. It's just how our brains work.

It's truly fascinating and sad BUT I see now that this all was to prepare for me for what I'm currently experiencing and living. 

There is freedom in living for Christ because he's emboldened me to live for him in order to share about what he's done in my life and what's he's been preparing me for.

I was such a sad, timid, quiet cold but only because I didn't know how to navigate the world. It was just as threatening to me as was my home. I escaped in books and pretended I lived in my stories. I did other people's school work so they could like me. I stayed quiet because I lived in a state of shame.

So why do I share this with you? While pandemic was horrific for many, stuck with the very people were supposed to love and care for, the chaos outside with news and change, only allowed me to really control what I desired.

Resilience. Antifragility.

I've been able to pick myself up from broken pieces before and this was nothing compared to anything else I had lived.

So here's my cry out to those that are feeling stuck: there is hope for you!

You are not a mistake. You are dearly loved by The Creator in heaven, the Lord of Heaven and Earth. He's been with you at every moment.

Have you surrendered and can you surrender all to him? You can! We cannot control our lives. We can ask and we can receive but only under his Holy will. We are NOT or own gods but are basically human and imperfect.

I've seen his mighty hand at work and event almost healing and suffering, I continue seeing HIS amazing goodness.

In Romans 1 he says there's no excuse because:

He shows us himself daily.

I can only do all things through Christ who strengthens me, not myself and no artificial thing can do that for me. He alone can work his amazing power of healing and restoring what the locusts have eaten (Joel 2:25).

from Bible gateway.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do not be afraid to parent

Life after Pandemic